Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Frustration

100 words on frustration Feb 7, 2006 8:01 am
Mood: frustrated, 19 views
I have a reasonably good eye for technique (like all daughters of the bourgeoisie I had years of dance lessons). Thus, it's very annoying when I can't translate what I see into movement. There are tricks -- look at the feet, walk throught the routine with your hands, etc. Sometimes the tricks don't work. I used to get so angry I'd cry.

That's the point at which a teacher comes over. Of course, by then I'm so tangled in my own (lack of) perception that the correction won't register.

The teacher demonstrates repeatedly. I'm the uncarved block: it makes no impression.

1 comment:

Mrs Morley said...

HG: while I can find your profile at the site you mentioned, I somehow can't get to the blog -- what's its URL?